Sunday, January 18, 2009

Alright, alright!

If you're going to harass me on Facebook people, I guess I better get on this. See, peer pressure really is quite effective! :)

I, of course, planned to get Christmas on here before I returned to work. That didn't happen and then reality has been pretty hairy these past 2 weeks. Thank goodness for the suprise of having Friday off. A 4-day weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Speaking of doctor, we may well be taking Addison there tomorrow. Seems we've all been sick since I returned to school. Hmm...coincidence? I think not. I have been sick twice in the 9 days since I returned. Lovely. Thankfully Jeff has stayed healthy (until today) and as usual, picked up my slack. What would I do without that man? Let's not even try to imagine... I would like to ask, if you're so inclined, to lift up a prayer. Adjusting to teaching after being off for 15 months has been rough. It's improved a bit now that Addison is sleeping better at the sitter's, but still. My heart continues to ache as I put her to bed each night, knowing I won't be spending the entire next day with her. I'm still blessed beyond measure to have had the time I did, and summer will be here in no time. At least that's what I'm telling myself. The outpouring of support has certainly helped. I've been so touched with the many emails, texts, and calls. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinking of me and Addison during this adjustment. And you can add Jeff to that as well. He's struggled more than he thought he would. That morning drop-off is just not fun, even when you know your baby is in great hands, has a super fun playmate, and has a day of fun ahead. Hopefully this time will pass in the blink of an eye and who knows what God has in store for me next. I'm just praying that my life lines up with His plan. That's all I can ask for.

I really did plan to do the Christmas posts but I'm just too sleepy. I'll do my best to get it done tomorrow. And if I don't, feel free to give some grief. I know you all will.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Great minds think alike!! I saw you getting harassed on Facebook and it got me busy posting an update to our blog too! Now off to read what you have been up to...can't wait to see your new do in person!! Love ya!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh, Shannon. You have already been in my prayers...but I'll certainly keep them up. Hang in there. Summer will be here before you know it. :)

Court

Kaylan said...

Hi there! Just found your blog through looking at Courtney's and wanted to say hi! Your daughter is an absolute doll! She's precious. Hope things get better with being away from her, I know we may not know each other, but you'll be in my prayers this week.

Have a blessed week~ Kaylan

Alyssa said...

Thanks for the update, I'll take anything, even if it's pictureless. I, myself, need to get up to date with my blogs. I have posted Christmas but still have a few other December posts to make before even beginning 2009. Maybe tomorrow during nap time....

Summer (and President's Day weekend, Spring Break, Flex Days, etc.) will be here before you know it. Hang in there. You're a terrific Mommy AND teacher.

Let's try not to monopolize our fun time at MOPS tomorrow night talking about work. We have so many other fun things to talk about! See you then!!!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

oh do not be so hard on your self, we all are in teh same boat, friend of courtneys and the boys saw your blog and wated to say hi.. my hubby is a teacher and is getting to teh swing of things , it sure is hhard after this awesome long break to get on track, but god will provide with summer closer then you know it and you and he will be home with the babies .. thank god for that awesoem sch.. he teaches high school spanish and in fla wear we live they do quarters so yeaterday started thje last quarter which is a new sch new kids new class kind of like day 1 so pray he makes it.. i'll keep you and ytour family in my prayers please stoip by and say hi.. follow me if you like so i can follow you on a daily basis.... and feel better


if you have not try airborn it really does work it will boost your immune system from all the kids and school germs.... and lol it was made by a teacher.. any drug store super market hey even target and walmart carry it...

good luck its alomst fri oh yeah.... michelle

Courtney and the Boys said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Seriously! I did forget to mention that! How funny, huh? Always seems I'm seeing someone I know at that airport. I hope he enjoyed his time there and that you did okay here without him.

How are you, friend? I sent you and email a couple weeks ago. Did you get it?

Court